Here are our current procedures for Wellness Center usage to make this a fun, healthy and safe experience for all members and staff:
- The Wellness Center is only open to active, current full-facility members ages 14 and up. If your membership is not active, please come to the YMCA or call the Front Desk to reactivate your membership.
- Prior to attending your first session, you will need to e-sign an updated Membership Waiver and Code of Conduct. This only needs to be completed once by one individual within each unit.
- Wellness Center reservations are highly recommended. Walk-ins are subject to availability. If we have to move to a reservation system where we will not allow walk-ins, we will contact you ahead of time.
- Guests and Nationwide members are not permitted at this time.
- Please allow 10-15 minutes upon arrival for a temperature check using a touchless thermometer and a health screening with several health questions.
- If you have a temperature of 100.4 degrees or over, or answer positively to any of the health questions, you will not be permitted into the YMCA building.
- Members are required to scan in at the Welcome Center upon entering the YMCA building. Members will then be asked to check out when leaving the facility.
- Members and staff are required to wear masks at all times when in the YMCA building. The Y does not encourage intense activity while wearing a mandated face mask. Please be aware of any health conditions that might be further challenged by wearing a face mask while exercising.
- Members are asked to please follow the physical distancing of 6 feet between members and staff throughout the building.
- Members must bring their own water as there will be no access to water fountains.
- The Locker Rooms will be open ONLY for restroom usage and for members using the pool. There will be no access to the steam rooms or saunas at this time per the NJ DOH Guidelines.
- Each member will be given a bottle with cleaning solution when they arrive to the Wellness Center. Members are required to wipe down machines BEFORE AND AFTER each use. When finished with your workout, please put the cleaning solution bottle in the “Used Bottles Here” designated table. Staff also will be disinfecting equipment throughout the day.
- Due to social distancing mandates, not all pieces of cardio equipment may be in use at one time and are subject to availability. We have spread out the equipment throughout our wellness center, but some pieces may be unavailable at any point.
- Members are asked to bring their own equipment, i.e. mats, towels, water bottles, etc.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION AND UNDERSTANDING.