For eight weeks, the Princeton Family YMCA will offer informal, cooperative Learning Circles supervised by college students to provide a positive and safe setting in which youth can be with their peers and focus on their studies together.
With a ratio of 1 to 5 in small groups (no more than 15 students), this program offers teens an opportunity to be together safely, enjoying the benefits of socializing while working remotely and increasing engagement. Screened and trained college students and recent graduates will serve as Advisors and role models, providing leadership and facilitating fun, structured activities.
About Learning Circles
- Location: Outdoors on the YMCA field, under our tents
- Dates: September 14 – November 6
- Times: 2 sessions available:
- 9am – 12pm
- 1pm – 4pm
- Remote learning support
- Organized games and other physical activities
- Focus on character development and social-emotional learning
Fees: $150 per week for YMCA members. Financial assistance available.