Registration is now open!
Two ways to register:
- Download the digital packet above. Save it to your computer. Complete the packet, and email to email@example.com.
- Use our online registration system. A step-by-step guide on how to register is available above.
Registration Note: Please see below regarding current information about the program. Please register under your child’s school, so we can communicate your child’s enrollment to their school’s main office, and monitor enrollment numbers.
Current Program Status:
Due to enrollment numbers, the YMCA will be consolidating after school care in Princeton to two sites: Littlebrook School, and the Henry Pannell Learning Center.
- Community Park: CP students in after school will attend the program at the Henry Pannell Learning Center, located on the corner of Witherspoon and Clay Streets. YMCA staff will pick up students at dismissal and accompany them on the short walk to the Pannell Center. Parents will pick up their children at Pannell.
- Johnson Park: JP students will also attend after school at the Pannell Center. Students will board a bus at dismissal that will drop off at Pannell. Parents will pick up their children at Pannell.
- Riverside: Students at Riverside will consolidate with our program at Littlebrook. Riverside students will board a bus that will drop them off at Littlebrook for after school. Parents will pick up at Littlebrook.
- Littlebrook: After school will continue operating at Littlebrook as scheduled. Students will dismiss to the cafeteria at the end of in class instruction, and parents will pick up at Littlebrook.
The buses used for transportation are provided by the school district and have been part of our regular operations of the Princeton Young Achievers program that has run parallel to our traditional after school program for many years. The schools are aware of this arrangement and have been furnished with a list of participating students to make sure students dismiss in the correct manner.
We will continue to monitor enrollment numbers for each school and will look to reopen at school sites once it becomes viable to do so. If you have any questions regarding the matter, please feel free to contact us.
About YMCA School Age Child Care
YMCA School Age Child Care is a place where your child can learn while having fun with friends in a safe and nurturing environment. With values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility as our guide, we work with every child to help them realize their true potential.
Our program consists of three key components, Academic Enrichment, Recreation and Activity Centers.
- Academic Enrichment includes homework time and curriculum that uses activities to promote academic understanding.
- Fun and Fitness focuses on increasing physical activity and educating kids on the importance of nutrition.
- Activity Areas allow kids to explore and pursue their specific areas of interest – board games, arts & crafts, legos, reading area etc.
At the Y, we create a nurturing environment where children can develop socially and participate in activities that complement their learning and academic achievement. For example, cooking projects help to teach fractions and journal writing helps to develop writing skills and promotes self-expression.
All our after-school sites are fully licensed by the State of New Jersey and operate on a 1:15 staff to student ratio as required by the State.
A Day At YMCA After School
- After the final bell rings, your child will join us in our after-school care program. We begin the transition from school to YMCA After School with a healthy snack and 15-20 minutes of social time with their friends.
- Following snack time, students engage in 30 minutes of outdoor/indoor physical activity.
- Once they’ve released some energy, it is homework time. The older ones join counselors and homework volunteers in a quiet location to begin homework or other academic activities. The younger children engage in structured games as well as activities to learn about the importance of nutrition and healthy eating. After 30 minutes, they have 30 minutes of dedicated homework time.
Princeton Public Schools
Henry Pannell Learning Center (Community Park & Johnson Park students)
2 Clay St.
Princeton, New Jersey 08540
Littlebrook School (Littlebrook & Riverside Students)
39 Magnolia Lane
Princeton, New Jersey 08540
Program Hours: Dismissal – 6:00pm (After School, all locations)
Any questions? Need assistance? Contact:
(609) 497-9622 x222