Together, For a Better Us
Beginning March 1, 2022, Princeton YMCA is now a branch of Greater Somerset County YMCA alongside Bridgewater YMCA, Franklin Twp YMCA, Hillsborough YMCA, Plainfield YMCA, Somerset Hills YMCA, and Somerville YMCA.
Why a merger?
GSCY has a strong track record of successful mergers and integrations as well as an established and highly effective governance and staff leadership structure already in place to support a multi-branch association.
The combined resources and traditions of our new, larger YMCA association will:
- Enhance our ability to accomplish and strengthen our mission and best serve the youth and families in our communities for years to come through quality Y programs and services
- Bolster our capacity to strategically grow mission impact programs throughout the region to effectively support underserved communities
How does this impact the Princeton YMCA’s work in the Princeton community?
Princeton YMCA will continue to offer its full range of mission-based programs and services, as well as collaborate with community partners.
The Princeton YMCA will also continue its alliance with organizations it has a longstanding history of supporting.
And, as has always been the custom with Greater Somerset County YMCA, your gift designated for Princeton YMCA will continue to directly support our communities. Because, when you make a gift, you’re not giving TO the Y – you’re giving THROUGH the Y directly to the local neighbors who need it most.
What will the new leadership structure look like?
- David M. Carcieri, President and CEO of Greater Somerset County YMCA, has been leading both organizations’ operations since a management agreement between our organizations as of October 2021
- Kate Bech, has transitioned from her role as CEO of Princeton Family YMCA to a senior leadership role within the Association, Vice President of Mission Advancement, dedicated to maintaining key relationships in the community and capital campaign fundraising necessary to sustain the Y mission locally
- Paul Zeger, former Operations Executive, is now Branch Executive Director of Princeton YMCA
Why did our name change?
Our Board of Directors voted to align with the more universally inclusive “Princeton YMCA” branch naming structure adopted by our new sister branches. We are truly for all in the community and this shorter community-based name better reflects that belief.
What does this mean for our members?
Like all members of Greater Somerset County YMCA, Princeton YMCA members will now enjoy full facility and program access at all GSCY branches, including Bridgewater YMCA, Hillsborough YMCA, Somerset Hills YMCA, and Somerville YMCA. Similarly, members at other GSCY facilities are invited to visit Princeton YMCA and experience familiar programs and services as well as those unique to our branch, including our fencing program.