Spring II Registration begins Apr 10, members; Apr 17, open registration - visit us online or come see us at the Y.
Do Something Good: Volunteer at the YMCA!
Make a Difference in Someone's Life.
The Princeton Family YMCA welcomes volunteers. Volunteers are the "heart" of the YMCA. Whether it's offering hugs in the nursery, homework help in the classroom, or guiding students with disabilities into the pool for the first time . . . there's just no way to put a price tag on the sense of fulfillment that comes from helping someone else.
The measure of a community's success is the support and opportunity it provides to children, families, adults and seniors. Volunteer coaches, program leaders, policy-setting board members and fund raisers invest thousands of hours at the YMCA to serve their community because they believe in the lasting benefits of the YMCA.
To see which opportunities are currently available visit the VolunteerMatters website to create a profile.
YMCA program volunteers work in various youth and family programs: in child care, as coaches or swimming instructors and as mentors, for example. Our volunteers have the satisfaction that comes from knowing they're making a difference!
- Special projects/project development
- S.N.A.P. (Special Needs Adaptive Program)
- Halloween at the Y
- Group mentoring (Y Scholars, Committed & Faithful Princetonians)
- Youth Sports Programs: basketball, baseball/T-ball, soccer, flag football, street hockey and Lacrosse
- Preschool Gym Classes
- Tutors/Reading Buddies (Princeton Young Achievers/Literacy for Life)
- Healthy Kids Day
- 5K Run/Walk
- Special events (Centennial Awards)
Volunteers assist in planning and executing these events and more.