Spring Program Session registration is open - for members Feb 13; non-members Feb 20
AQUATICS / SWIM LESSONS
Pool Schedule - Hourly: School Year Spring 2017
Aquatics Class Schedule and Fees: Spring 2017
Family Swim, Lap Times & Facility Hours:
Knowing how to swim is a lifelong skill benefiting one's overall health and well-being. With Y swimming classes, children learn to be safe around the water and gain confidence that comes with learning and perfecting a skill. Y preschool and youth swimming classes boast low teacher to child ratios and plenty of individual attention. Y adult classes help tone, shape and increase strength and endurance. In all classes, skills are taught in an enjoyable, supportive environment by aquatic professionals.
The YMCA has been teaching and encouraging swimmers of all ages, abilities and interests – for more than 100 years! But one thing never changes: we’re still dedicated to helping people grow in skill and confidence for a lifetime of fitness and water safety. We focus on the key elements of aquatics: stroke development, personal safety, sports and games plus personal growth and development.
Kudos to the Aquatic Staff! Read a letter from the Aichs, a Y-member family, "I can confidently say that had it not been for the patient coaching and whole hearted enthusiasm (high fives, smiles and clapping)... (we) could never have made it this far."
Unforeseen Pool Closings Refund Policy: a system credit will only be given for unforeseen pool closings due to sanitary concerns as mandated by the New Jersey Bathing Code. NO refunds, credits or make-up lessons will be given for weather related closings.
Princeton Family YMCA:
Located in the heart of downtown Princeton on the corner of Route 206 and Paul Robeson Place.
Coppola Pool - Rider University Mauer Center:
Located in Lawrenceville on Route 206 South. (swim team use only)
Directions to both pools.
Swimming Notes and Information
- Please bring your receipt on the first day of class.
- Classes require a minimum number of swimmers and are subject to combining, cancellation, or rescheduling. Classes with fewer than 3 participants may be cancelled or combined. If a class is cancelled, you will be notified by phone or email following the first week of lessons.
- Swimmie diapers are required for children not potty trained.
Children 5 and under, must have an adult in the water with them at all times. NO exceptions. Children 14 years of age and younger must have an adult present in the pool area, and may only swim alone after demonstrating Red Cross Level 4 or YMCA Fish level skills. The lifeguard has the right to ask the child to perform a swim test which entails one lap of backstroke and freestyle plus treading water for one minute. It is the lifeguards discretion whether a child is permitted to swim without an adult. Click here for a complete list of our pool rules.
Because the YMCA is a volunteer-led non-profit organization that relies on fees and charitable contributions, we work very hard to manage our limited resources thoughtfully and prudently. For each program series, classes are carefully planned according to the number of participants - staff/participant ratios are determined for safety, program supplies are purchased and prepared, and staffing is finalized. Once a program series begins, these expenses are incurred by the organization.
- Any member who wishes to change or cancel classes, for any reason, after they have already registered, will be required to pay a $10.00 service fee. This charge is per person, per program.
- Program fees are non-refundable after the first day of the program session. Please note that the first day of the program session is not always the first class of the session.
- No credits, refunds, or make-up classes will be issued for classes missed due to personal reasons. Please take into account all vacations, holidays, religious observances, and other personal activities prior to registering for classes.
- Joiners' fees, gift certificates, guest passes, and membership fees are non-refundable.
- A system credit will be issued when a medical excuse is presented and accompanied by a doctor's note.
- Refund requests can only be made during the current session; credits will not be issued once the session is over. YMCA system credits are applicable toward any YMCA program, are valid for one year from the date of issue but are not redeemable for cash.
- Unforeseen Pool Closings Refund Policy: a system credit will only be given for unforeseen pool closings due to sanitary concerns as mandated by the New Jersey Bathing Code. No refunds, credits or make-up lessons will be given for weather related closings. The Redwoods Group, American Red Cross, National Lightning Safety Institute and YMCA of the USA recommend the proactive action of removing swimmers from indoor pools as a lightning storm approaches and until after it passes. For the safety of our swimmers, the YM/YWCA pool will be cleared during electrical storms, and will remain closed until 30 minutes after the last occurrence of thunder and/or lightning.
Aquatics and Sports Director
Justin Cloud, 609-497-9622 x223