Spring Program Session registration is open - for members Feb 13; non-members Feb 20
PRINCETON PUBLIC SCHOOLS
ABOUT YMCA AFTER SCHOOL
YMCA Afterschool is a place where your child can learn while having fun with friends in a safe and nurturing environment. With values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility as our guide, we work with every child to help them realize their true potential.
Our program consists of three key components, Academic Enrichment, Recreation and Activity Centers.
- Academic Enrichment includes homework time and curriculum that uses activities to promote academic understanding.
- Fun and Fitness focuses on increasing physical activity and educating kids on the importance of nutrition.
- Activity Areas allow kids to explore and pursue their specific areas of interest - board games, arts & crafts, legos, reading area etc.
At the Y, we create a nurturing environment where children can develop socially and participate in activities that complement their learning and academic achievement. For example, cooking projects help to teach fractions and journal writing helps to develop writing skills and promotes self-expression.
All our after-school sites are fully licensed by the State of New Jersey and operate on a 1:15 staff to student ratio as required by the State.
A DAY AT YMCA AFTERSCHOOL
- After the final bell rings, your child will join us in our after-school care program. We begin the transition from school to YMCA After School with a healthy snack and 15-20 minutes of social time with their friends.
- Following snack time, students engage in 30 minutes of outdoor/indoor physical activity.
- Once they've released some energy, it is homework time. The older ones join counselors and homework volunteers in a quiet location to begin homework or other academic activities. The younger children engage in structured games as well as activities to learn about the importance of nutrition and healthy eating. After 30 minutes, they have 30 minutes of dedicated homework time.
Princeton Public Schools
Johnson Park Elementary
285 Rosedale Road
Princeton, New Jersey 08540
39 Magnolia Lane
Princeton, New Jersey 08540
The Princeton Family YMCA now offers the Healthy U Program with Coordinated Approach to Child Health (CATCH Curriculum)!
Healthy U is a coordinated school health and after school program proven to reduce the rate of childobesity and improve children’s health-related behaviors. It is the only coordinated nutrition education and physical activity program with 15 years of solid research and evidence to support its design and content. Every day Healthy U is making a difference to children’s lives across North America and beyond. We are proud to make this program an included benefit to all MASH (My After School Home) children.
Youth Development and Outreach Director
Leigh Zink, 609-497-9622 x201
Program Assistant & Billing
Matt Boyd, 609-497-9622 x222